Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Because they're worth it - March for Babies

On April 25, 2010, the boys and I will be participating the March of Dimes, March for Babies in Columbus, Ohio. It's a 5 mile walk designed to raise money for premature babies. While I did not have premature babies, they hold a special place in my heart. Carrying twins full term is an extraordinary feat and I feel very fortunate to have been blessed to do so. A lot of MoMs and singleton Moms-to-be are not so fortunate. Its not that they did anything wrong, it's pure chance. While uncomfortable, I did not have endure one day of bedrest, I did not have pre-term labor, I did not experience any signs of pre-eclampsia.  I almost feel guilty for having such an easy pregnancy.  I didn't even realize the risk at hand until getting involved with my local Twins Club (http://www.cmotc.org/).

Recently, my dear friends who happened to be married to my cousins, both experienced premature babies.  So, L&K and I will be walking for them.  Vicky, Mom to Parker, will be walking, too.  Once she sets up her site, I'll post her link. We're also expecting fellow MoM, Sara, to join us (provided that the timing works out with her vaca) with her former preemies, B&K.

I hope to raise $100 for Parker & Olivia and all of our friends.  If you are able, please donate to this worthy cause:
www.marchforbabies.org/jennnydawn  or by widget in sidebar.

Olivia Grace, born 1.16.10, 27 weeks gestation, 1 lb 11 oz
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Parker James, born 10.23.09, 35 weeks gestation, 3 lbs 8 oz
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
ETA: Vicky's sponsorship site: www.marchforbabies.org/bradford1006




1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower of your blog. I had my twins prematurely. Thanks for walking to support those of us who have been through the NICU! I wasn't able to donate a lot due to a tight financial situation, but I wanted to help. Hope you update on how the walk goes.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...