It has been an eventful week to say the least. It started out bright and early on Monday morning with the boys' 12 month checkup. Soon thereafter, we get a call that Paw is going to the emergency room. He hadn't been feeling well the past 2 months, just felt blah. He went to his general doctor which was going to send him to a specialist, suspecting gall bladder issues or blood clots. The pain and swelling in the abdomen were to much to bare. A few hours later, Paw was admitted to room 213 @ St. Ann's with a mass on his liver.
It has since to be determined cancer, but we are still awaiting the complete results from the pathologist report on the biopsy, which was Tuesday. They need to determine the source of the cancer and if it has spread. So far, the chest is clear. They will be checking his brain & bones today. As far as the swelling, they removed 2300 cc of fluid, which was uninfected, on Wednesday. That alone seems to give Paw some relief. He looked as if he were 9 months preggo!!!
All of this seems so much like dejavue. Just 2 short years ago, we were going through this with my Mom. . .
Hopefully, this is early enough for treatment. Please keep Paw in your prayers...we're not ready to say goodbye yet.