Thursday, March 17, 2011

Giddy Up, Party Down

This year, we decided to have a birthday party at a location, rather than at our house.  I knew right away that I wanted a cowboy theme.  Then I found this blog as inspiration.  I knew immediately that I was going to steal 
borrow these ideas.

I scraplifted some invitations from etsy. Notice the vinyl
 "brands".  That's all me :)


I made a banner.

I made the horsey cupcakes & cupcake toppers.

I made treat bags.

Cowboy(girl) hats were necessary.

The location didn't exactly match, but my mind was made up.  We rented The Jungle Gym in Delaware, Ohio.  Actually, I got a pleasant surprise that Grandma Jackie paid for the party as a gift to the boys.  What a perfect gift!!!  

Here are a few shots of the fun (excuse the blurs, everyone was in action nonstop). The zip line was favorite by far.  I still can't believe everyone could hold on.  Those kids were flying....









We served cowpoke food: hotdogs, pulled pork, chips, potato salad, carrot chips, and strawberries.  
Everyone Ate!
We had cupcakes.



We had a surprise guest:
Grandpa Bob drove up from TN while he was checking on his house being built.
Us (minus Kyle)


All the guests.  An attempt at a group shot:
Fail!

Everything was really nice.  Parties outside of your home is the way to go.  We had our party late, starting at 4:30 pm, so we had all day to prepare. I even managed to run that morning with MIT, 9 miles = new PR for Mama Murray!  We didn't make too much fuss over the party and everyone was happy.

The boys received a ton of gifts from their friends and have been enjoying them ever since.  Here is a photo of one of the gifts from B&K
masks are upside down :)  oops
Thanks everyone for reading & checking in on us.  We had a great time with a few special friends.  Now....BRING ON SPRING!!!!

3 comments:

  1. i was very happy to be able to pay for the party..i love the pics..errol and i got a good laugh out of the boys..esp in the hero costumes..the looks on their faces is so 'them'! you are the most creative person i know jenn...i love you...jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it!! Thank so much for leaving me a link. It makes me so happy to know that I could inspire someone else! GREAT job on the horse cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jenn! Looks like you had quite a fun party last month!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...